Error Message FRM-40508

From: Dbeam <dbeam_at_hsc.wvu.edu>
Date: 10 Jan 2002 09:00:52 -0800

After attempting to insert a record from an Oracle form (v6.0.8.11.1) I get this error message (FRM-40508: ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record.

Cause: A fatal error occurred while Oracle Forms was trying to insert a record. The table associated with the current block of the form might not exist, your username might not have authority to perform the specified action on the table, or some other reason might have caused the fatal error.

Action: Contact your DBA)

I am able to insert the record using SQL*PLUS under the same user id. I get past the pre-insert trigger, which assigns a sequence number that is the record key. I also got a message from post-insert trigger. The form that does the insert does have insert enabled on the data block. It is opened (open_form) from another form when the user clicks the insert button.

 What can I try next to help me find the cause of this problem?

Oracle server version 8.1.7.0
WIN 2000 server
WIN 2000 pro for client machine

Thanks in advance.
Diana Received on Thu Jan 10 2002 - 18:00:52 CET

Original text of this message