Re: UTL_FILE fopen exception

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: 8 Jan 2002 02:39:02 -0800

  1. Are you writing to a local drive? UTL_FILE only allows reading/writing to a drive on the Oracle SERVER.
  2. If reading from an Oracle Server drive, is the drive mapped? I personally have had this problem. There are issues regarding UTL_FILE and mapped drives, best to check MetaLink for them (www.oracle.com), in the support section. Safest bet is to use the UNC format (ie \\server\share) if it is a network drive you are reading/writing to.
  3. Is the operating system permissions enabled? Oracle will not overide them.

HTH, Mark