Re: AS9i against Oracle 9i database

From: <catherinedevlin_at_toast.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2001 13:52:55 GMT

Hi Zeljko!

What platform are you on? I had lots of roadblocks trying to put 9iAS on a Windows 2000 (sigh) machine after successfully getting 9i going on it. Not the same problems you had, but...

I got some special instructions from Oracle support that seem to have done the trick. I got to the end of installation, anyway. Today's task is to see how well it all works now.

For Windows 2000 (and maybe NT):

In your 9i database's init.ora:
  Comment out the line about "MTS"
  Set O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESS = TRUE

De-install the HTTP server that came with 9i

Delete the Environment Variable WV_GATEWAY_CFG Remove the ...\blah\blah\Perl\blah\blah... from your Path

Reboot

Install 9iAS again; when Cancel when you get to Step 1 of Portal configuration

copy your 9i versions of tnsnames.ora and the ora90\jdbc\lib to the corresponding places in your 9iAS home

in 9iAS assistants\opca\launch.bat, change "...blah\classes111.zip" to "...blah\classes12.zip"; save as 9i-launch.bat

Reboot

Execute 9i-launch.bat to configure your Oracle Portal

Good luck!
- Catherine
http://profiles.yahoo.com/arcticturtle