Re: Oracle via perl (using DBI)

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 14:05:53 -0800

you have to set all the environment variables for oracle in your perl script.

like $ENV{ORACLE_HOME}="/tools/oracle/...";

there are several of them you might need to set depending on your environment.

our environment is set up so that when I run the startup script for sqlplus it sets some env variables. if I set those same ones in my perl script, I have no problems.

I am not a oracle-setup person, just an app developer. there is a Perl DBI mailing list. go to perl.com and find out how to sign up.
those ladies/guys can answer all your DBI specific questions

good luck