Re: How to set MIN and MAX size for all system objects combined?

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 06:51:00 -0800

"Raheen Ballard" <rballard34_at_home.com> wrote in message news:<enXS7.310681$5A3.119908772_at_news1.rdc2.pa.home.com>...
> Hi!
> I'm doing a project, in which I need to have a minimum of 5M space for
> all my SYSTEM objects, but the ability to expand to 50M...i know you can set
> the individual size of files, but is there a way to set the min and max of
> the entire group of files at once? TIA!

Raheen, what do you mean by SYSTEM objects? Are you talking about objects stored in the system tablespace or objects owned by the schema SYSTEM? For tablespace management look at the autoextend option for datafiles.  Personally I am against ever allowing any db file to take extents, but some DBA's use the feature.

For owner object management look at the alter user default tablespace option.

  • Mark D Powell --