MFC Application Using ODBC Driver Problem

From: Chris Adamson <cadamson_at_identec.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:05:43 GMT

Hi,

I'm using MFC ODBC classes to develop a program that accesses and updates an Oracle database. The program has worked great with SQL Server over the last few months.

The CDatabase derived object connects to the Oracle Database without any problems.
However when I call CDatabase::GetDatabaseName() the CString returns "" (which usually indicates an error).

I skip this code and try to open a table via a CRecordset derived class. However, it fails and the exception says that the table or field does not exist. The table *does* exist, and has all the proper fields.

Here's my default CRecordset override for GetDefaultSQL:

CString CrsTableCommands::GetDefaultSQL() {
 return _T("[tblCommand]");
 }

Do you have any hints, suggestions, ideas? Please let me know.

Thanks.
-Chris Received on Fri Dec 14 2001 - 02:05:43 CET

Original text of this message