sqlldr: how to overwrite input column data by control file

From: Jerry Perng <jerryperng_at_taiwan.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2001 18:37:15 -0800

I am new to sqlldr. any advice is welcome.

the input data file is:

 1, "jerry"
 1, "mary"
 1, "joe"

:

how do I define a sequence column to overwrite the first column(all 1's) ? that is, I wish to have table rows like:  schema --> create table dd(seq number(10), name char(20)) !!

 1, "jerry"
 2, "mary"
 3, "joe"

:

following control file seems not working:

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' (seq SEQUENCE(MAX,1),
 name)

because the generated rows are:

  1, "1"
  2, "1"
  3, "1"

obviously, "seq SEQUENCE(MAX,1)" is seen as an EXTRA column (and the 2nd input column data are abandoned). How do I force it to overwrite the first input column(all 1's) no matter what values they may be ?

any help is appreciated.

Jerry Perng, Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 03:37:15 CET

Original text of this message