Re: Deleting Datafile

From: N.Prabhakar <n_prabhakar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2001 01:17:21 GMT

hi there

fnd out all the data objects (tables, indexes) that are on tables spaces in your 'to-be deleted' data file

move them to the actual tablespace

rename the objects that are to be moved.

RE-CREATE them using their actual name these objects in your tablespace

drop the old tablespaces

do the above process for all the tablespaces, then you can get rid of your old data files

as always, kindly take a back-up before proceeding further

good luck

N.Prabhakar

andrija <ar35644_at_fer.hr> wrote in article <9u7ndl$e6oj$1_at_as201.hinet.hr>...