Load slowing down?

From: andrija <ar35644_at_fer.hr>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:55:42 +0100

I have script for loading ASCII file into database. First I use SQL loader to load data into temporary tables. After that I start procedure which does some linking of loaded data which is nessesary. After that I move data from temp tables to main tables.

There are 7 main tables, two of them have 30,000,000 rows. Tablespace has 20 Gb, and it is localy managed.

Problem is, that few days ago load of one ASCII file with 10,000 rows took 10 seconds to finish, but now it takes 90 seconds. Problem is not SQL loader, but procedure for linking and coping. But why it is so slow now?

Nothing is changed, we started a large load (some 6000 ASCII files). When we started it was fast (10 sec/file), now it's slow (90 sec/file).

Anyone can help? Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 10:55:42 CET

Original text of this message