conversion from access to oracle

From: Sankara Narayanan <total_nerd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Nov 2001 05:25:16 -0800

Hi,
When we are converting an access database to oracle via the migration wizard available with oracle 8 on NT, there is no provision to set the sizes of the columns in the various tables. There is one step in the wizard which asks which access datatypes should be mapped to which oracle datatypes--But that is for the entire database and not for the individual tables.As a result we have to give the max size for all the datatypes and if there are lots of records in the table , it is taking a very long time to migrate.What is the way out?

I also want to know if there is any way to convert foxbase files(.dbf) extension directly into oracle.Since I did not know whether there is such a facility, I am first importing all the foxbase files into an access mdb and then converting to oracle.Is there a way by which we can directly import .dbf files to oracle. Thanking in advance Nithya. Received on Sat Nov 24 2001 - 14:25:16 CET

Original text of this message