Re: SQL query Tuning

From: Erik <erik_at_evd.be>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 02:36:16 -0800

PQ values depends on the power of your machine, My experience is that you need minumum 3 cpu's, then having 3 processes/cpu gives you 15 as value, but you can use more ... the power of your machine..

use only parallell on full table scans and multiple cpu hardware, als you need disk configuration that support reading a lot of I/O (no raid5, but stiped or striped miror ...

Erik
Oracle DBA consultant.