Triggers and package variables

From: Serial # 19781010 <no email>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 09:10:04 -0600

I have a question,

Is it possible for me to create a trigger that can reference a var created in a procedure,

Here is my situation,

  1. I am using connection pooling so all db connections are done by the same user.
  2. I need to capture the http session of the logged in user, not the db session the http session.
  3. I will create a stored procedure that will do the insert and update, I need to be able to get a var say the http session user and insert it into a audit table,

Is it possible to create a trigger to belong to a package body ? Can I set and use a package var and be thread safe for the current transaction and get that value in my trigger ?

If this can be done could someone give me a quick sample ?

please email me at
dhill_at_veriomail.com

Thanks to all, Don Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 16:10:04 CET

Original text of this message