Re: personal oracle 8i for win98 -

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 16 Oct 2001 02:17:29 -0700

mikehenri_at_freesurf.ch (mike henri) wrote in message news:<bf3af8e3.0110152239.40f94f43_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to setup personal oracle 8i on a winME
> environment but the only downloadable version i found
> on Oracle site was for win98. Is it simply impossible
> to install a light oracle version on winMe ?
>
> Thanks for helping,
>
> Mike.

No version has been certified by Oracle for winMe, and probably, nor do they intend to.
Installing PO for win98 requires a hack in win.ini This hack has been published many times to the comp.databases.oracle.* hierarchy.
Please search the archives at groups.google.com

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 11:17:29 CEST

Original text of this message