JDBC and ORACLE

From: Kike <jeora_at_canal21.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 10:42:49 -0700

Hello,
we are making some test in our application. One of the requirements is that we have to convert one oracle form to java. I've looking for information about that, and I've reading past notes in this forum. I've found some problems as data type compatibily (records, tables, and boolean) and that "wrappers" are needed for solving these problems.
I've found some problems with types defined in packages,too, so I have to defined them as CREATE TYPE ......
1) I'd like to know if java could get types defined in packages, so I've done something wrong or if this is not possible. 2) About "wrappers" , as all the tables we use are "nested tables" of records. What should we use varrays (we don't know how many element could have ¿?), objects, ......for doing the wrappers? Or is there any other way of doing that?
3) May I have an example of a "wrapper" for a nested table of one record (2,3.. fields)?????
3) Are there any other problems that I haven't realized yet?

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 19:42:49 CEST

Original text of this message