DBCA: invalid END header format

From: Rodger Ballard <rodgerballard_at_qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 01:12:17 -0700

Hi all,

    I have very recently installed Oracle9i Database on Win2000 Server. During the installation it launches the DBCA and attempts to create an initial DB which I picked the 'General Purpose' template for. This did not work, an error message comes back; "invalid END header format". I've searched high and low attempting to find any reference to this, and the only info I have found is Symantec Cafe coming up with that, and that meaning it was a bad CD from Symantec.

    I went ahead and launch DBCA after I skipped through the installation phase DBCA and attempted again to do a 'General Purpose' and it failed with the very same message. I then attempted to create a new database and mostly pick defaults all the way through, and this DID work. So now a million theories are roaming my head and not one of them sound good. I did choose Unicode for the preferred language format, could this in some way be throwing off DBCA? Is it possible that the CD is bad, if so, which one? Is there an environment variable I forgot to set? Perhaps it's related to a jar file, or a zip file? Is it a genuine bug?

    Not that this is stopping me from anything major, but it is rather strange, and I would like to know how to resolve it if it were to happen in the future for a client or employer I work for. Any help anyone can provide on this matter, would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,
      Rodger Received on Sun Sep 30 2001 - 10:12:17 CEST

Original text of this message