Re: Newbie Information

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 01:48:21 GMT

Readers don't block writers and writers don't block readers. You have better transaction and concurrency control in Oracle. More platforms are available in Oracle. There are so many features in Oracle that you probably would be hard pressed to use them all; so it fits a wide range of needs.

You are really making 2 different comparisons. VB vs Java and SQL Server vs Oracle.

Jim