Re: create java class using bfile

From: Mark <markqian_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2001 10:43:41 -0700

Allen, thank you for the quick response.

I tried

CONNECT System/Manager
GRANT CREATE ANY DIRECTORY TO Scott IDENTIFIED BY Tiger; CONNECT Scott/Tiger
CREATE DIRECTORY Bfile_dir AS 'C:\My_test\db\JSP';

CREATE JAVA CLASS USING BFILE (Bfile_dir, 'GetStudentInfo.class');

but got

Connected.

Grant succeeded.

Connected.
CREATE DIRECTORY Bfile_dir AS 'C:\My_test\db\JSP'

                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

CREATE JAVA CLASS USING BFILE (Bfile_dir, 'GetStudentInfo.class');

                        *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29510: name, SCOTT.GetStudentInfo, already used by an existing object

I also tried to use loadjava to load the class. When I used

loadjava -u system/manager_at_coo -f -resolve GetStudentInfo.class

it run with no error.

But I got

SELECT get_student('China') FROM STUDENT

                                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29531: no method getStudentByCountry in class GetStudentInfo

That is why I tried to use CREATE JAVA CLASS USING BFILE instead of loadjava...

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Mark