Re: Services not Registered with Listener

From: Wu, Tianhua <twu_at_webmd.net>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 10:52:29 -0700

> AFAIK your observation is not correct. It will take a while (1 or 2
> minutes) for a listener to recover from such an exceptional situation.
> IIRC, there is no way to register the services manually.

Thanks for you reply. I saw what I saw (that is the least I can do :) ). I have waited for several hours, (I even left it overnight). As I said, I did not see this happening on Solaris and NT platform. Normally the PMON will wake up periodically and register with the listener. Aparently this not happened with Oracle 8.1.7 on RedHat 7.1. I also have tried to wake up PMON manually. That does not help.  I have open a thread on Metalink Forum for more than a week, nobody comes up with an answer. This might be a bug with Oracle on Linux. I probably should open a tar with Oracle (even though RedHat 7.1 is not supported).

Thanks,

T. Wu Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:52:29 CEST

Original text of this message