Re: Installaion of Developer2000 on Windows ME Edition

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 05:58:28 -0700

c_mayuresh_at_rediffmail.com (MAYURESH) wrote in message news:<a7a83f6e.0108170116.2f2f8213_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello
>
> I am desparetley in need for the complete Guide for Installing
> Developer 2000
> on Windows ME.
>
> I have installed Personal Oracle 8 for windows95 on WIN ME edition.
>
> I tried installing D2K ON WIN ME .BUT I am getting an error message
> "KERNEL32.DLL is missing " ,but it is not so .
>

> Please do provide complete Guidence .
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Bye.
>
> Mayuresh

Oracle doesn't have any products certified for ME. Developer is currently only available in an NT edition, and as WinMe belongs to the win9x family, installing Developer on winMe is *NOT* going to work, courtesy of Bill Gates and his accomplishes.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 14:58:28 CEST

Original text of this message