Re: How to seup tablespace storage

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 03:32:15 -0700

m.fangtao_at_genesis.co.nz (Meng) wrote in message news:<1ddc56b5.0108161936.1de54943_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am a new Oracle DBA. We will create a tablespace for a big table
> (more than 6GB). The table is always inserted,updated and selected.
> The table's row size is 268 bytes. Which tablespace storage shall I
> choose, locally managed or dictionary managed? If I select locally
> managed automatic allocation, the default initial extent is only 64k
> (DB_BLOCK_SIZE=8k). Do you think the value is a little bit of small?
> How to setup the table's storage? Do I need to modify default storage
> values? Thank you very much.
>
> Meng

If you are on 8i - and sigh, again NO version and platform, why if you do take the trouble to post, not include thatuse  locally managed for everything except the system tablespace. 64k is not small depending on platform. Most platform won't read more than 64k ahead anyway.
You don't setup the tables storage, as that has been done for you by making the tablespace locally managed.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 12:32:15 CEST

Original text of this message