Re: Is this really necessary?

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: 14 Aug 2001 02:19:14 -0700

No gain at all in having short field names.

In fact, it will probably drive developers crazy if field names are too short! Personally, i think they should be descriptive (there is a 30 character limit) since it helps your code to be 'self documenting'.  Look on the bright side, typing a few extra characters will hone your keyboard skills!

;-)