Oracle On a RedHat Linux box on SPARC64 hardware

From: Robert Schultz <bert_at_ncinter.net>
Date: 13 Aug 2001 07:27:42 -0700

Ok. Due to certain demands, we have a Ultra 5 Sparc64 box running RedHat linux.
We need to get this box talking to a remote oracle database.

I know Oracle has releases for Linux, but not on Sparc hardware. I know Oracle has release for Sparc hardware, but not for Linux.

What can I do?

I read at http://www.suse.com/en/support/oracle/ that SUSE linux supports Oracle installs.
However I'm not entirely sure if I went with SUSE that it would make any difference.

I tried running the Solaris ./runInstaller, but that didn't work.

I looked into an ODBC solution and found iODBC and OpenLinkSW but openlink doesn't have a version of linux sparc.

Does anyone know what I can do? Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 16:27:42 CEST

Original text of this message