prefixless Select statement

From: Sir <artyom_at_d19.isofts.kiev.ua>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 00:42:57 -0700

What previleges should be granted to user if I want to make Select without prefix of table creator?
e.g. user Admin created table Emp. If I connect as Admin I'm allowed to make next selection:
Select * from Emp;
But if I connect as User1 who has rights to select from Emp table the above Select says that there's no such table and I have to poiont explicitly the creator of the table:
Select * from admin.emp;
and only then it works. I know that to avoid such troubles all tables should be created by DBO. Could anybody explain who's DBO, what preveleges have to have a user to be as dbo? Thanks!

P$: please send your answers to artyom_at_d19.isofts.kiev.ua Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 09:42:57 CEST

Original text of this message