UTL_FILE and FormFeed character

From: David Stidham <DStidham_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:08:56 GMT

Hello All,

I'm looking for a reporting solution that will allow server side reporting of data that can generate reports in the thousands of pages. We are using CrystalDecisions Crystal Reports 8. It doesn't operate on the server side and drags the data back the client and does all the report generation on the client workstation. Our reports contain a few subreports. To cut a long story short, CR fails to deliver what we need. In my research, it appears that UTL_FILE package can give us a raw ASCII image of the report. However, I can not find a way to embed a control character into the VARCHAR2 string. So, is there a way to do this that I haven't found? If so, what is it. If not, is there a way to get UTL_FILE to issue the Form Feed character?

Lastly, if any of you have any suggestions on a Server Side reporting tool that can be itegrated, or easily called from, a separate application (VB executable), please share the information.

Thank you all,

David Stidham Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:08:56 CEST

Original text of this message