Re: Oracle Dispatcher problems

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:13:25 GMT

In article <GSkX6.3656$Q8.102042_at_juliett.dax.net>, "Ottar says...

>I have a PHP/Apache installation on my Win 2k desktop connected to an Oracle
>database.
>The database has the dispatcher running as seen below.
>To log in to Oracle I use OCIPLogon ($user, $pwd, $host).
>Still, I get a db-reconnect for every time I access my PHP script.

can you clarify what it is you expect? every time you log in, a session will be created -- you'll connect and disconnect. If you are using MTS, you won't see new backgrounds spawned on the server -- the shared servers will be there but you will see connects/disconnects for every login/logout you do.

What is it you expect to see?

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/