comments on columns

From: Mathieu <tragondin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2001 08:12:03 -0700

I have a table with comments on columns in an 8i oracle DB. I try to retrieve this comments with the thin or oci oracle driver 8.1.5.
In java,
I retrieve a DataBaseMetaData from the connection. I get a resultSet using the getColumns() method on the DataBaseMetaData.
According to the javadoc, the twelfth field of this resultSet should contain the remarks on the considered column. Unfortunately, I get only null value.

Using weblogic oci driver, I can get the comments with that method.

Is it planned to have a release of the oracle driver that will act the same way ? Received on Fri Jul 20 2001 - 17:12:03 CEST

Original text of this message