Re: Design questions for a lareg database

From: Rozi & George Goldberger <ghita_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:40:21 GMT

Book
Essential Oracle 8i data warehousing by Gary Dodge and Tim Gorman in Wiley ISBN: 0-471-37678-7 Normalization is good but sometimes can generate less performance, just be careful what you are doing.

In oracle you can get a better performance spreading your table on different drives on multiple files, etc. Look for partitioning.

It is crucial that you declare an Oracle Block size big enough to keep full records, to avoid migrating or chaining.

There is much more to be considered.

Good Luck

George
ghita_at_att.net