Searching by Intermedia Text (using CONTAINS)

From: Ray <sol_helios_at_hongkong.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2001 03:53:32 -0700

I am trying to perform free text search by using CONTAINS. In my example, I am going to search 'Key1', 'Key2' and 'Key3' by the following query.

SELECT Article_ID FROM ARTICLE_TABLE WHERE

CONTAINS(Article_Content, 'Key1', 1) > 0 AND
CONTAINS(Article_Content, 'Key2', 3) > 0 AND
CONTAINS(Article_Content, 'Key3', 5) > 0

However, I found that the performance is very slow. My question is how to modify the query so that the search can be speed up and fulfill the similar purpose? Thanks.

Ray Received on Thu Jul 12 2001 - 12:53:32 CEST

Original text of this message