oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise on win2k

From: ghost problem <strjon_at_swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:19:48 -0500

Hi, I'm trying to install 8.1.7 Enterprise on win2k. Everything goes smoothly until Oracle tries to initilialize the database. I always get "error trying to start the service for TEST (sid name), access denied." I go to services, and try to manually startup the database, and again I get access denied. So, I disable the services, and even go to the registry and delete the services, and then I uninstall Oracle. I then try to reinstall, and I always wind up with the same error. If I choose to ignore the error, the installation continues, but then I later I get a tns adapter failure because it is trying to start the service while access is denied. I am an administrator of this machine and have full control on everything. Anyone know what could be wrong ?

Thanks Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 03:19:48 CEST

Original text of this message