regarding tree search using stored procedure in pl/sql coding

From: srinivasa rao . k <vineethkashyap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2001 22:40:05 -0700

hi,
 I am srinivasa rao. i got a problem which i am going to put here.

I got a table let me say emp. there are two columns existing here like manager and ename. now for example a manager name like A will be having 4 employee names as P, Q, R, S as 4 records in the database. in my stored procedure it has traverse and find what all the children are existing for A. Now it has to fix P and P here will also be lying in manager column. Now I need to find out what all are the children lying for P. now P has X,Y,Z. Now it has to fix X as parent and find all its children and it should ensure that there are no further children available. Now it has to come to Q and trace all its children. in this way the search should go till it count all the children. please let me know the answer as early as possible in written source code in PL/SQL in the form of stored procedure and Cursors. Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 07:40:05 CEST

Original text of this message