Dev environment for Oracle on Solaris

From: davidb <davidb_at_metaidentities.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 13:29:29 -0700

We have a secure, co-located production environment of Oracle on Sun with Solaris and need a development environment.

Can a development environment be built on a local Win2K box running Oracle and how do we then get the database from one to the other without TCP/IP? Having the environment locally would be preferable, but we could also explore having it on the sun boxes alongside the production database. Any advice as to the pros and cons and feasability of this would be appreciated. Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 22:29:29 CEST

Original text of this message