I hate Oracle

From: Drunk3n Mast3r <drunk3n_at_mast3r.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 05:59:28 GMT

Hello,

Well that didn't take long. I knew there would be further problems.

Basically The Mobile Server Repository Wizard does not initialise, so I am only left with the client side tools ( net8/sqlplus ). I have tried this twice now. Perhaps it is my understanding of the lite product. From my understanding, the lite product was a standalone mostly/fully enabled database with client tools.

I have tried pointing the repository wizard at a Ora 7 installation I have on the network, with no luck. I expected this.

Any ideas ? I already have version 7 client installed, however they are using different home variables and directories. So I have excluded this as the problem.

One further question, as a prerequisit, it states it requires JDK 1.2. There is no JDK 1.2 only 1.1 _at_ www.javasoft.com. Is this embedded in the installation programs or is this only required for the development installation ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks. Received on Sun Jun 24 2001 - 07:59:28 CEST

Original text of this message