Database link not active - problem in setting up replication while using Named Pipes protocol

From: Marcin <marcin_at_itookmyprozac.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 04:26:02 -0700

Hi,

I have problem in setting up snapshot replication under Windows 2000. I have configured replication under TCP and everything worked fine. But I cannot use TCP protocol, so I tried to set up everything using Named Pipes protocol. My situation is today: I have 2 W2k boxes:
1 - Master (Listerner listens on NMP)
2 - Snap
I cannot connect to Master from Snap (while testing Database link I have "database link is not active" message). I have valid TNSNAMES.ORA on both boxes (I CAN connect to Master from Oracle
client software located at Snap host).
I have not any idea what is wrong (maybe databse cannot open pipe?)

Is somebody here who can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Marcin Kowlasky Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 13:26:02 CEST

Original text of this message