Problem when creating snapshot in Oracle 7.3.4

From: Jian <jzhang9876_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 07:38:43 -0700

Currently we are using Oracle 7.3.4 on NT box and we have a script to create snapshots in our daily build. The problem is that sometimes the command "Create snapshot XXX as select ..." will just hang there and never finish. We checked the oracle sessions with TOAD but it looks like that the session was not waiting for any lock. In other word, there is no dead-lock. Also the executing statement shown in TOAD is "begin dbms_snapshot.set_up_at_...". After we reboot the server and run the script again, there will be no problem at all. It is just weird and annoying. By the way, the Oracle client (SQL*PLUS) is 3.3.2.

Anyone ever see a similar problem? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

--Jian Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:38:43 CEST

Original text of this message