Re: Using File I/O within SPL

From: Lee Miller <lpm_at_newsguy.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:38:39 -0400

"Jack Parker" <vze2qjg5_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:3B2E8473.5F16AD63_at_verizon.net...
> I can see instances where this has occurred. What is to stop a
> malicious user from writing their own SPL to overwrite one of these
> output files? Since they are written by the shadow process and not by
> the user id there is no protection for the file.

create procedure permission (or lack thereof) prohibits people from creating malicious stored procedures.

grant create procedure to <username>;
revoke create procedure from <username>;

It is not granted by default. (Although it may be inherited from a role) Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 17:38:39 CEST

Original text of this message