Oracle8i Personal Ed crashes after pswd changes

From: Perry Winkle <perry_at_winklenot.nah>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:29:58 GMT

I've successfully installed Oracle8i Personal Edition. I was able to run the database it created fine until I followed the install instructions to alter the passwords for all of the accounts setup created. I used the console to do this (successfully) and now whenever I try to get into a database via DBA Studio it crashes after I supply an account name and password. I've returned the paswords to their original state and still cannot use the DBA Studio.

It crashes with a java type error and says it's writing to a log file but since it refers to neither a path or a file name I can't find that file. I've found a bunch of .log files but none that record anything about the crashes.

Not super impressed so far. This is about as dismal a start to any software as I can remember. Win2K sp1. Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 00:29:58 CEST

Original text of this message