Enterprise Manger - Configuration Assistant

From: John Estess <jestess_at_wcnet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:51:43 -0600

I've been trying to create the reposity for the Enterprise Manager using the configuration assistant, but I've been having no luck. When I try to create one using either SYS or SYSTEM (this is a home test box), the error message is:

  The user "SYS" is not a valid choice for an Enterprise Manager repository. Choose another user.

When using another user, JESTESS, that has been given all the roles of SYS (dba_role_privs table), I get this result:

  The selected user"JESTESS" lacks one of more of the privileges or roles required to create and support a management server repository.

I really need a clue.
Does the repository need to be on another database? What privileges and/or roles am I missing?

Here are the privs for JESTESS:

GRANTEE                        GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF

JESTESS AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE YES YES JESTESS AQ_USER_ROLE YES YES JESTESS CONNECT YES YES JESTESS CTXAPP YES YES JESTESS DBA YES YES JESTESS HS_ADMIN_ROLE YES YES JESTESS JAVADEBUGPRIV YES YES JESTESS JAVAIDPRIV YES YES JESTESS JAVASYSPRIV YES YES JESTESS JAVAUSERPRIV YES YES JESTESS JAVA_ADMIN
YES YES
GRANTEE                        GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF

JESTESS OEM_MONITOR YES YES JESTESS RECOVERY_CATALOG_OWNER YES YES JESTESS RESOURCE YES YES JESTESS SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE YES YES JESTESS SNMPAGENT
YES YES