Re: Can't create user to login

From: Ravi Alluru <ralluru_at_calgary.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:22:05 -0600

Try to set up your unix environment variables like : setenv ORACLE_SID sid_name
where sid_name is the name of the instance and
setenv ORACLE_HOME oracle_path
where oracle_path is LIKE .../server/app/oracle/product/8.x etc . Before doing this make sure that they have not been set by typing env | grep ORACLE at the unix prompt.
If they have been set and they are not right try to do unsetenv ORACLE_SID
unsetenv ORACLE_HOME
and then do the setting ..
Hope this helps

--