Re: Problems Copying User Tables To New Tablespace

From: RS <rs_at_rshome.u-net.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:49:40 -0000

You didn't mention what version what version of Oracle you are using.

Under 8.1.5 (at the latest?) and above you can move tables between tablespaces with the SQL command

alter table <table_name> move tablespace <new_tablespace_name>;

Before 8.15 (at the latest?), it's a bit more tricky.

The Import problem you are having is because (I believe) it always imports into the same tablespace that the table was exported under, regardless of what default tablespace you have specified for the new user.

Hope this helps,

Richard S.

Oracle DBA.
UK