Copying User Tables Between Tables Spaces

From: Ken Hammer <khammer_at_umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:23:54 -0500

Hi,

 This is probably a silly question, but I've searched the FAQ and can't seem to find my answer.

 We have the development and staging tables in 1 tablespace. I have been given the task of separating the 2 environments (as in, you went to a class a year ago, you're the expert!). There are 2 users; dev_user and stage_user. Basically I need to copy all the tables from the stage_user to a new tablespace.
 I have created the new tablespace: staging I decided the best way to go about this was to create a new user
"new_stage" and assign it the "staging" tablespace as it's default table
space. I have granted connect and resource to this new user.  I have exported the old users tables (stage_user) using the user method. This went without a hitch.
 However, when I import the data using the "fromuser=stage_user",
"touser=new_stage" method, it does not create the tables in the new
tablespace "staging". It appears to import the tables into the old tablespace. A query of dba_tables shows the tables owned by "new_stage" to be in the old tablespace.

 What have I missed?

--
Ken Hammer
Information Technology Division