Help with Installshield and NT Oracle 8i

From: <cveridis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:15:04 -0800

I am running Oracle 8i -- looks to be version 8.1.5. NT version is 4.0 SP6. 128 meg memory, 256 meg virtual.

We are trying to port a successful Unix install to NT, and have run into some problems. First, I compared our Unix script with the sample Build_DB.sql script and the batch output from the Database configurator, and made any appropriate changes.

The first problem we see is oradim will not run from a batch file that has been passed parameters, It will run with the indentical command if it is hard-coded in a batch file or from the command line.

Second problem seems to be an environment variable that needs to be set before the script runs. When trying to do the startup and DB build via svrmgrl, we get the following message:

Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=MGR

Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12538 MGR-01507: Message 1507 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=MGR

Anyone with succes in building an NT DB from Installshield would be helpful.

Michael Freeman Received on Mon Jan 22 2001 - 20:15:04 CET

Original text of this message