connecting from Win95/98 using SecurID

From: Sunil Jayasinghe <sunil.jayasinghe_at_probanka.si>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:50:14 +0100

Hi
We are having difficulties connecting from Windows95/98 Oracle client on Oracle server(unix) with securid authentication.

My configuration is as follows:
- Oracle server 7.3.4 resides on an Unix machine with SGI Irix 6.5 with
  Advanced security option including SecurID authentication adapter.
- ACE server is on Windows NT.

  • Oracle clients are on Windows 95/98.

Connecting to the oracle database with SecurID works fine (localy and over
SQLNet) but only when connecting from Oracle clients running UNIX.

When trying to connect from an Win95/98 PC with SQLplus (with installed Oracle client software) it doesn't even try to authenticate on the ace server it just ends with 'invalid username/password' error. (users are correctly entered into oracle and ace server!) We also tried putting SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(SECURID) line into sqlnet.ora in Windows!

We already tried putting sdconf.rec on Win 95/98 clients in several directories (c:\var\ace , c:\Pcclient ...) but it didn't work.

On win95 our sqlnet.ora looks like this: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(SECURID) AUTOMATIC_IPC = OFF
TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = OFF
names.directory_path = (TNSNAMES)
names.default_domain = world
name.default_zone = world

Regards
Sunil

Sunil Jayasinghe                E-mail: sunil.jayasinghe_at_probanka.si
PROBANKA d.d.                   Tel: +386 62  22 94 881
Strossmayerjeva 30              Fax: +386 62  22 78 16
2ooo Maribor, Slovenia          WWW: http://www.probanka.si