conecting remotely to instance

From: stefan <stefan_at_va.prestige.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:18:06 -0500

I had posted a question a few weeks ago related to connecting remotely to oracle .I could tns ping the the IP and the listener logs where showing the connection but would still get a tns name failure at the client .Since then I have been able to connect remotely (sqlplus3.3) but only after stopping and starting the listener.After about 1 minute a third line appears under services summary (lsnrctl status) displaying the instance name and prints "has 2 service handler (s)" after this displays I can no longer connect remotely.