Can't install Oracle

From: J Ubl <jtubl_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 20:53:12 GMT

A co-worker of mine attempted to install Oracle 8i Enterprise version on his PC from a CD but ran into a problem. (Not sure what the exact nature of the problem was.) He didn't use the uninstall but tried to delete the Oracle directory and files. He also deleted all references to Oracle in the Registry (NT 4.0 workstation.) Now when he tries to install again, the initial screen comes up and he selects Typical install. When he clicks either Next or Install the screen disappears completely and nothing happens.

I installed Oracle without a problem on my PC which has the same configuration as his.

Has anybody run into this before? What is the problem? Received on Sat Dec 09 2000 - 21:53:12 CET

Original text of this message