Uploading data for star schema

From: <sw_at_weinerfamily.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 19:53:55 GMT

I have a textfile that contains rows of data in a non-normalized fashion

What I need to do is load that data into a star schema. In order to this I need to load each of the dimension tables and get the ids of the entry. Of course if the row already exists I need to just get the ids. After I have done this on all measure (8 of them). I need to stuff the ids and other data into a record in a fact table.

Currently, I am doing this using a VB program and it is incredibly slow. Is there a way to this using SQLLoader or some other technque that would be more efficient?

NOTE - probably doesn't matter but I am not using Oracle OLAP.

Thank you. Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 20:53:55 CET

Original text of this message