Re: Interfacing Oracle and Visual Basic

From: Charles Newman <newmanc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:57:06 GMT

In article <8vb263$c5o$1_at_news10.roka.net>,   "Jochen Pege" <pege_at_kespretlang.de> wrote:
> I dont know if this would solve your problem but mybe.
> First do not use VB Data Controls they are not very flexible for
> manipuliating your Data.

   I have been using VB's built in control specifically for Oracle databases. It is the only way, in version 8, to access an oracle database. I dont know of any other way to access an Oracle database from VB. I am using personal Oracle 8i (8.1.5).

   How else can I access Oracle 8i from VB 6?

> and second, the cause for the Errormessage maybe depends on your
 Oracle
> Table. If there is no Primary Key or at least one field with an index,
 it is
> impossible for VB to add/update any data.

   The table does have a primary key, so that cannot be the problem.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 18:57:06 CET

Original text of this message