Newbie DBA question (PLEASE HELP!)

From: Robert Martin <rwmartin_at_sisconet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:51:16 -0500

Ok. I am an idiot when it comes Oracle (and I am running on NT), just so you know ahead of time. I have managed (by stumbling greatly) to migrate an SQL database over into an Oracle database using a Migration Assistant from Oracle. Well, the sucker wouldn't convert to Oracle until I created a certain user in the database I was migrating it into. Well, I created the user and then everything migrated on over pretty well. But, since I don't know what privileges to assign to that user - I can't connect to the database as that user. I can connect as system, internal and sys and those are the only users that appear that can connect to the database. I don't know what to do! And can all the things I need to do be done in the OEM so I done have to monkey with a lame console application? Please someone help! Thanks!

One more question too. What does Admin Option mean in reference to a Role, System Privilege or Object Privilege??

Robert Martin (rwmartin_at_sisconet.com) Design Engineer
SISCO Inc,
6605 19 1/2 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48314-1408
Phone : 810-254-0020 (ext 125)
Fax : 810-254-0053 Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 20:51:16 CET

Original text of this message