Re: Designer Error: "no data found" when creating a new application on a fresh install

From: <pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:40:19 GMT

Got it. For any poor, unfortunate soul with the same problem I had, here's the solution. With Oracle 8.1.6, you must increase the LARGE_POOL_SIZE parameter to 2614400 (just put at 2 in front of the default value of 614400). This is undocumented and will cause Designer to fail everytime.

In article <8u6pi2$i0c$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> The owner of those objects is SYS, and SYS was the user that granted
> those privs to the repository owner. SYS is the only user with those
> objects... so no dice there.
>
> Can you give me more info on what you did to the init.ora file
> (EXECUTE_IMPORT, EXECUTE_EXPORT and EXECUTE_PLUS_RAU) and any changes
> to the registry?
>
> Pete
>
> In article <HtHM5.13201$mC.841171_at_monger.newsread.com>,
> "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:
> > Your SQL shows the privileges granted to SYS. You don't want to
 make
 SYS
> > your repository owner for Designer. A checklist is below, but make
 sure the
> > repository has an owner other than SYS.
> >
> > Van
> >
> > Oracle Designer/Developer 6.0
> > At this point I installed Oracle Designer. There are three parts to
 this.
> > First install the client software on the P266. Then install the
 server
> > software and create a repository database or a repository schema in
> > database. Finally configure the init.ora parameters and registry
 entries if
> > any changes are necessary. Oracle Designer must install into an
 Oracle home
> > named Orant.
> >
> > C1 At the client go to control panel services and shut down any
 Oracle
> > services. In my case none was started. Then put in the Oracle
 Designer 6.0
> > CD-ROM and run an install. The name of the Oracle home is
 DEFAULT_HOME, the
> > location is ?:\ORANT. I chose a packaged install and selected the
 following
> > packages: Analysis, Design and Generation - Generators for Oracle
> > Developer - Object Extensions. I had to select whether I wanted
 version 7 or
> > version 8 of SQL*Plus and Import/Export. I chose version 8. Then
 the
> > installer started.
> > The install completed and I got a message that to have all the
 functionality
> > I needed to install report builder 6.0.5.29.2 and form builder
 6.0.5.29.4.
> > These were not on the CD-ROM so I did nothing for the time being.
 Finally,
> > I restarted the two services I had stopped and made sure SQL*Plus
 still
> > worked and I could connect to my databases.
> > C2 On the server I changed the init.ora parameter open_cursors =
 400. Then
> > I bounced the database. I
> > made sure the listener was started. I started SQL*Plus as sys and
 ran this
> > script e:\oracle\ora815\rdbms\admin\catexp7. Then I created two
> > tablespaces, one for tables and one for indexes:
> > create tablespace DEV60_REPOS_TABLES
> > datafile 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\DEV60_REPOS_TABLES01.DBF'
> > size 100M default storage (initial 128K next 128K pctincrease 0);
> >
> > create tablespace DEV60_REPOS_INDEXES
> > datafile 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\DEV60_REPOS_INDEXES01.DBF'
> > size 100M default storage (initial 128K next 128K pctincrease 0);
> >
> > I created one large rollback segment for the install:
> >
> > create tablespace INSTALL_DEV60
> > datafile 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\INSTALL_DEV60.DBF'
> > size 70M default storage (initial 256K next 256K pctincrease 0);
> >
> > create rollback segment INSTALL_RBS_DEV60
> > tablespace INSTALL_DEV60
> > storage (initial 1M next 1M minextents 3 optimal 4M);
> >
> > alter rollback segment INSTALL_RBS_DEV60 online;
> >
> > Then I took the other rollback segments offline:
> >
> > select segment_name, tablespace_name, status from dba_rollback_segs;
> > alter rollback segment xxx offline; (this turned out to be
 rollback
> > segments RB0 and RB1)
> >
> > Then I created a repository owner and granted connect and resource
 him

> > create user DEV60 identified by DEV60
> > default tablespace DEV60_REPOS_TABLES
> > temporary tablespace TEMP;
> > grant connect, resource to DEV60;
> >
> > C3 Now I moved back to the client and performed the next set of
 steps.
> > First I logged onto the server from
> > the client as sys using the SQL*Plus version 8. I ran
> > _at_f:\orant\repadm60\utl\ckrorole. Then I ran the following
 individual
 SQL
> > statements:
> >
> > grant execute on dbms_lock to DEV60;
> > grant execute on dbms_pipe to DEV60;
> > grant select on dba_rollback_segs to DEV60;
> > grant select on dba_segments to DEV60;
> > grant create sequence to DEV60;
> > grant create synonym to DEV60;
> > grant create table to DEV60;
> > grant des2000_owner to DEV60;
> >
> > I modified the DEV60 tnsnames.ora file. I closed SQL*Plus then ran
 start >
> > programs > oracle designer r6.0 > repository administration utility.
> > connected as DEV60 / DEV60 / ORCL.GLENHILL. At this point I
 followed
 the
> > steps starting on page 2.13 through page 2.29 of the Designer
 Installation
> > Guide. These steps check to see whether you have installed the
 necessary
> > pieces successfully. I had to modify the registry entries for
> > EXECUTE_IMPORT, EXECUTE_EXPORT and EXECUTE_PLUS_RAU. After the
 checks,
> > while in the Install a Designer/2000 Repository Instance dialog box
> > pressed "Start". Many objects were created and actual data was
 imported
> > from zipped files. I looked at the log files from the install to
 see
> > whether all had gone well.
> > C4 Finally, there are the post-creation steps. I brought rollback
 segments
> > RB0 and RB1 back online. I left the large INSTALL_RBS_DEV60 in
 place
 until
> > I can find out whether it is useful. Then I used the repository
> > administration utility to view objects and check whether any were
 disabled,
> > invalid or missing. None was. I changed the init.ora parameter
> > max_enabled_roles=50 then bounced the database. I ran two scripts
 enable
> > pinning in the shared pool: _at_e:\oracle\ora815\rdbms80
 \admin\dbmspool and
> > _at_e:\oracle\ora815\rdbms80\admin\prvtpool.plb. Then I granted access
> > DEV60:
> >
> > grant execute on sys.dbms_shared_pool to DEV60;
> >
> > I restarted the designer repository administration utility and
 checked that
> > pinning worked by pressing the little pin symbol. All went OK.
 Finally,
> > following the instructions on page 2.27 of the Designer installation
 manual
> > I created a test application system.
> > C5 During the install of Oracle Designer, several pieces of Oracle
 Developer
> > are installed. But not enough. If you try to do something as
 simple
 as
> > running the Designer tutorial you will not be able to until you
 install
> > Developer. Installing Developer is a two part process. First you
 install
> > whatever pieces you don't already have from the Developer 6.0 CD-
 ROM. Then
> > you install patches from the Developer 6.0 Patch 1 set CD-ROM.
> > These are the pieces I installed from the Developer 6.0 CD-ROM
> > JDK Applet Viewer 1.1.7.11o
> > Oracle Developer Demos, Addons 6.0.5.1.3
> > Oracle Developer Forms 6.0.5.0.2
> > Oracle Developer Procedure Builder 6.0.5.0.0
> > Oracle Developer Project Builder 6.0.5.7.0
> > Oracle Developer Schema Builder 6.0.5.6.0
> > Oracle Developer Trans Builder 6.0.3.0.3
> > Oracle Developer Reports Express Support 6.0.5.11.0
> > Oracle Express Connection Editor 6.2.0.0.1
> > Oracle Developer Database Tables 6.0.2.0.0h
> > Oracle Developer Graphics Graphics Builder 6.0.5.8.0
> > Oracle Developer Graphics Cue Card Sound 6.0.5.6.0
> > Oracle Developer Reports Builder 6.0.5.28.0
> > Oracle Developer Reports Cue Card Sound Files 6.0.5.6.0 (this
 failed)
> > These are the pieces I installed from the Developer 6.0 patchset 1
 CD-ROM
> > GUI Common Files 6.0.5.29.0
> > JDK Applet Viewer 1.1.7.15o
> > Oracle Developer Database Tables 6.0.5.29.0
> > Oracle Developer Forms 6.0.5.29.4 (but not the web cartridge)
> > Oracle Developer Graphics 6.0.5.29.1 (but not graphics server)
> > Oracle Developer Procedure Builder 6.0.5.29.0
> > Oracle Developer Reports 6.0.5.29.2 (but not multitier server and
 not thin
> > client)
> > Oracle Jinitiator 1.1.7.15.1o
> > Require Support Files 8.0.5.1.0c
> > Tools Utilities 6.0.5.29.2
> >
> > <pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Need some Designer help. I have an Oracle 8.1.6 instance on the
 same
> > > WinNT box with a fresh install of Designer 6.0.3.1.0. When I try
> > > create my first test application as the repository owner, I get
 the
> > > following error:
> > >
> > > RME-00011: Operation 'INS' on ci_application_systems has failed
> > > RME-02124: Failed to execute SQL statement: begin
> > > :errcnt := rmmes.getsize;
 rmmes.getall(:errutil,:errcode,
> > > :errp0,:errp1,:errp2,:errp3,
> > > :errp4,:errp5,:errp6,:errp7); end;
> > > RME-02105: Oracle error occurred...
> > > ORA-01403: no data found
> > > ORA-06512: at "REPOS_OWNER.RMMES", line 157
> > > ORA-06512: at line 3
> > >
> > > ORA-01403: no data found
> > >
> > > Here are the priviledges that the repository owner has:
> > > SQL> l
> > > 1 select owner, table_name, grantor , privilege from
 user_tab_privs
> > > 2* where grantor in ('SYS','SYSTEM')
> > > SQL> /
> > >
> > > OWNER TABLE_NAME GRANTOR
 PRIVILEGE
 --

> > > -
> > > SYS DBMS_LOCK SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBMS_PIPE SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS SYS SELECT
> > > SYS DBA_SEGMENTS SYS SELECT
> > > SYS DBMS_SHARED_POOL SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBMS_ALERT SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBMS_SQL SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS STANDARD SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBMS_STANDARD SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBMS_TRANSACTION SYS EXECUTE
> > > SYS DBMS_UTILITY SYS EXECUTE
> > >
> > > 11 rows selected.
> > >
> > > SQL>
> > >
> > > I am stumped. I have actually been through the whole install
 twice
 now
> > > with the same results.
> > >
> > > ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Pete
> > >
> > > pete_karanikas_at_hotmail.com
> > >

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 06 2000 - 23:40:19 CET

Original text of this message