Running Enterprise Manager thru a firewall

From: Stephen Pennine <spennine_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 20:45:20 -0400

Is it possible to remotely connect to an 8i database thru a firewall?

I use DialUpNetworking on a Win98 PC with Oracle 8.1.5, to connect to our local intranet via a dial-up connection.

 We have several 8i DB's, some on Novell and some on Unix. I can connect fine to the Novell DB's that aren't behind the firewall. Can't connect to the Unix boxes though.

Once past the firewall and into the Unix box, I CAN start an SQLPLUS session from the Unix command line, but that's real ugly.

Enterprise manager is so much easier.

Has anyone conquered this one yet?