Newbie question about PL/SQL

From: Simon Filiatrault <simon.marie_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:35:07 GMT

Hi all,

All I know for now is sqlplus and how to do a simple select statement.... I want to be able to do something like that:

if (select count() from table) > 100
then

    update a table
else

    insert in a table
end if;

I am trying to do that trough sqlplus on a solaris 7 with oracle 8.05. Everthing would be done by a perl script. I want to insert or update depending on what's in that table.

Can I use sqlplus to run that kind of program?

I am used to work in sybase, where I can use isql to do that stuff, but it seems that sqlplus by itself does not do that...

Any hints would help

Thanks in advance

Simon Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 03:35:07 CEST

Original text of this message